Monday, March 11, 2013

Weekends...

Not much to report tonight.  Just feel like typing.  I'm in that phase now where I'm trying to figure out how to adjust to my new work schedule.  In some regards, it's a bit like two parts "it's about time" and one part "be careful what you wish for."  Like I was mentioning, not having the quiet weekend nights at work to catch up on important stuff and still having to spend at least some of my mornings cooking meals and running errands, is making it so that I have to improvise when it comes to finding time for the freelance stuff.  Add on top of that that Lacy and I are having to find new times and places to rehearse.  So, this is going to be a bit of a challenge.  I think I've set aside at least one day of the week when I can get auditions done.  But sitting down and recording for film scoring jobs and my own music may be a little trickier.

I'm going to love having weekends off though.  I gotta say.  Already, next weekend is shaping up to be a ton of fun.  Karishma'll be in town, there's a chance I'll be at least one show, we'll be playing an open mic on Sunday night for sure, and I don't have to work through a single second of it.

And the more I think about it, while it may be that the times I have off of work are not as ideal for doing freelance work (I'll rarely be home alone when I'm off work, except on weekday mornings), I do still have the same amount of time off from work, if you do the mathematics.  24 X 7 - 40 = 128.  Yep.  


No comments:

Post a Comment