Thursday, February 28, 2013

Show tonight!

Killing my last hour in Philly before I head back to NYC, finding myself in the same coffee shop as last time, the one with the gluten free bread option.  Lacy's at her friend's place doing makeup and we hope to be leaving before 11:30am.  We have to load in at Drom at 4:30pm but before that we're dropping by our respective apartments and then by a friend of mine's place in Crown Heights to pick up a keyboard stand because yours truly does not actually own one.

I was thinking about just going to Guitar Center on the way in to town because I need one anyway but it occurred to me that I do have a ton of keyboard playing friends in the city.  Luckily, the first one I tried was willing to offer his keyboard stand.  Hopefully, that won't take us too far out of our way.  

Meanwhile, I've been adding blog to the main web page at www.timdaoust.com, describing my process with my current guitar set up.  There's one more to write and I'm working on that one currently.  It's kind of exciting that I'm finally at a point with getting it all working where I can sit down and explain how I did it.  I had moments of stress with the FCB1010 MIDI footswitch where I asked myself why in the world I bought the damned thing because it seemed like so much work to figure out how to get it working and then tame it to do what I wanted it to do.  But now I can switch between different setups, turn effects in Guitar Rig on and off and most importantly, record, loop and overdub using a free software called Mobius.

The last blog entry will hopefully be up this weekend and if you're interested you can check it out.

And if you're in NYC tonight, please come out to the show and support us.  We'll rock your faces off.  We promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment