Sunday, December 2, 2012

Oh What a Night...

I've got a good feeling about 2013.  I keep hearing myself say that.  I just got back from the 2012 New York Voice Over Mixer tonight where I met and reconnected with a ton of really great people.  Though I didn't win any of the raffle prizes, it was a really great night all around.  Besides getting to chat with my current coach and hear more great advice and praise from her on my progress, I reconnected with an old coach, met up with a voice over narrator or two that I met last year and made all kinds of new VO friends and got some great insight from them.  I even met a handful of producers and casting agents.  One, who was a film composer as well, I ended the night chatting with at the after party.  Great guy.  And not the only composer in the house either.  I met another fellow who has been doing voice over as long as I have right about and also composing.

Kinda cool to spend a night schmoozing with my contemporaries and having great conversations with people doing what I'm doing.  This year I seemed to have more direct questions for these people as well, so I feel, in general, like I got much more out of it than last year and may have forged some lasting relationships with these people.  Last year, I did meet some folks but I had to leave early for Tania's birthday concert (something I've attended for the last two years) and thus missed out on most of the event. 

This year Tania's concert and the voice over mixer fall on different days, so I'll be able to make it to that as well tomorrow.  In fact, Lacy and I are planning on performing there when I get off work tomorrow night.  So, that should be great fun.  She and I are gearing up for CD release parties coming up in February, as I had mentioned.  Now that she's here in Brooklyn, we're rehearsing a lot more and today, in fact, I actually went to her place to rehearse for a change (she's always been coming here to rehearse).  So that was nice and convenient.
 
Tomorrow night we play one tune from the new album and potentially two from the old.  It's late now and I've got a long day tomorrow between church choir, work and the concert afterward, so I may have to call it quits tonight after I finish my tea.  So, good night and stay tuned for more updates. 


    

No comments:

Post a Comment