Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Blurb #17

I've spent a week tinkering with my computer and I think I'm closer to being able to just sit down and work for a change without having to troubleshoot problems each time. I solved my crackling audio issue by installing the most updated drivers for my Tascam audio interface. I think. For now, it seems to be working all right. Meanwhile, I'm learning my way around Cubase which I haven't used since graduate school. Still trying to figure out how to get sound through MIDI, which is not working.

Other than that, I had a great Friday night attending the Rooftop Film Festival on the Lower East Side with Claire. Saw a group called Twin Sister that opened the night and a handful of short films, one of which had won the 2009 Academy Award for Best animated short film (Logorama) and one of which starred Crispin Glover and John C. Reilly in a hilarious film about a young man trying to talk about Tesla and Edison while drunk off his ass. Crispin Glover played Edison and John C. Reilly, Tesla.

Here's a pic that Claire took of the opening band:

From


Did I mention I love this city?

No comments:

Post a Comment